The Greatest Gift of All

SPOILERS: Slight reference to a certain piece of clothing from Broca Divide.

RATING: M (sexual situations)

SUMMARY: It's Christmas time and Sam and Jack are trying to spend some time together.

DISCLAIMER: All publicly recognisable characters and places are the property of MGM, World Gekko Corp and Double Secret Productions. This piece of fan fiction was created for entertainment not monetary purposes and no infringement on copyrights or trademarks was intended. Previously unrecognised characters and places, and this story, are copyrighted to the author. Any similarity to real persons, living or dead, is coincidental and not intended by the author.

AUTHORS NOTES: This is my response to Ness's Christmas Challenge- must include a Sam & Jack kiss, a Christmas tree and an answer to a previously unanswered challenge. I have used Arla's Mood killer challenge- Jack and Sam are in the mood but something happens to kill the mood or prevent them from continuing.

FEEDBACK: Love it!!

~~o0o~~

Jack O'Neill walked towards the weights room, ready for a workout. Basically the whole base was on stand down for Christmas so the halls were silent. Turning the corner into the room he stopped dead in his tracks. There in front of him was his second in command and the love of his life, Major Samantha Carter. She was doing bench presses, oblivious to him being there. He grinned at her choice of attire. If he thought that little tank-top number was sweet, he'd got the shock of his life when he'd first seen what she worked out in. A pair of, very short, sweat shorts and a little sports top that showed a whole lot of skin. Very sexy. Mind you she could be wearing a chaff bag and he would think she was sexy!

Sam sat up after finishing her set. She felt someone's presence and looked over to see Jack watching her. "How long have you been standing there?" She asked in a slightly amused voice.

Jack shrugged and gave her a boyish grin. "Not long."

Sam's smile widened when she caught sight of the desire in his eyes. "So you gonna stand there all day or are you planning on working out with me?" The look on her face made it clear what kind of work out she had in mind.

Jack grinned at her before shutting the door behind him and turning the lock. He walked over to where she sat on the bench and pulled her up into his arms and into a passionate kiss.

"You know we haven't done it in here before" Sam giggled as they broke for air.

Jack had this fantasy where he wanted to make love in every room on the base. As well as every planet they went to. It had started after watching an episode of 'Dharma and Greg' where the person who had sex in the most original place got possession of a ceramic duck. Jack was determined that, if ever asked, his would be the most original. It was a shame most of it was classified but it made for some very exciting lovemaking.

Jack was just starting to pull Sam's top off when they were interrupted by a voice over the loudspeakers. "Major Carter to the Control Room. Major Carter to the Control room."

Both of them groaned audibly and Sam straightened up her clothes. "What have they done this time." Sam complained. "I don't know how long I'll be. Meet you at home?" She asked as she grabbed her towel.

"Definitely" Jack replied, pulling her into another deep kiss.

Sam pulled reluctantly away. "I gotta go."

Jack watched her open the door and walk out, flashing him a smile as she left. He smiled back before he too walked out and headed for the locker room, deciding a cold shower might be a better plan.

An hour later Jack walked up the stairs to Sam's apartment, keys in one hand and bag of groceries in the other. Just as he was inserting the key in the lock, he heard the door opposite open and Sam's elderly neighbour walked out. "Evening Mrs. Laumann" Jack said with a smile.

"I thought it was you I heard Colonel. I hope you and Samantha don't mind but when I was watering Samantha's plants I noticed that she hadn't got a Christmas tree yet. Ron and I went and picked one up today. I know that the two of you have been very busy lately."

Jack opened the door and saw the tree standing in the corner. "Thankyou Mrs. Laumann. It's great. To be quite honest with you I hadn't even thought of it. I don't think Sam has either."

"That's what I thought. I didn't decorate it, thought the two of you might like to do that."

Jack smiled and put the groceries on the table. "Thanks. How much do I owe you?"

"Don't be silly. Consider it our Christmas present to you both."

"It's a great present. Sam'll love it."

Almost on cue, Sam walked through the front door. "Oh wow a tree!" She exclaimed, sounding like an excited child.

"Yeah the Laumann's bought it for us as a Christmas present. Isn't it great?"

"It's perfect! Thank you Alice. Thank Ron for us too." Sam gave the woman a hug.

"You're welcome dear. Well I'll leave you two alone now. Have a lovely day tomorrow" Alice said as she walked out the door.

"You too" Sam replied and closed the door. "Aren't they just wonderful people?" Sam said as she turned back to Jack.

"Yeah they are" he replied as he moved to her. He put his hands around her waist and pulled her to him. Sam responded by putting her arms around his neck. "So Miss Carter. What do you feel like for dinner tonight?"

Sam replied by bringing their lips together in an enthusiastic kiss.

Jack chuckled when they pulled apart. "That's just what I thought too." He pushed her gently against the wall, pinning her there with his body in the way he knew excited her. Sam felt the start of his erection pushing into her thigh and rubbed herself up against him, eliciting a low moan from her lover. Their lips met hungrily and Jack started unbuttoning her shirt.

It was then that they heard the familiar voices outside followed by the knock at the door. "God, not again" Jack grumbled as he stepped back from Sam.

She smiled at him while she did up her buttons, but Jack could see the frustration in her eyes. "Quick, go into the bedroom and I'll get rid of them" she whispered. There lips met again briefly before Sam pushed him toward the bedroom and headed for the door.

"Hi guys" Sam said as she opened the door to see Daniel, Teal'c and Janet.

"Hey Sam. Merry Christmas" Janet replied before she ushered to somebody down the hall.

Jacob Carter walked up to the door. "Dad!" Sam squealed, hugging her father.

"Hey kid. Merry Christmas" he said softly. They finished the embrace and Sam ushered them into her apartment.

"Where's Jack?" Daniel asked, looking around. "We saw his car outside."

"Ah..." Sam began but was saved from formulating an answer by Jack entering the room.

"Hey I thought I heard familiar voices" he said. "Jacob, good to see you again."

"Colonel. Likewise." The two men shook hands.

"No wonder we couldn't get hold of you Colonel" Janet said, looking at both Sam and Jack suspiciously.

"Ah, yeah... I was helping Carter with her tree" Jack replied quickly.

"So who wants a drink?" Sam asked, changing the subject. There was a round of me's so Sam went out into the kitchen to get the drinks.

"I'll go and give her a hand" Jack said as he followed her..

"I'm sorry" Sam said when Jack walked up beside her.

"Hey it's okay, it's your Dad after all. I know you don't get to spend much time with him." He put his arm around her shoulders and kissed her on the temple.

"I don't get to spend much time with you lately either" she replied, leaning into his embrace. "And now we won't get to spend Christmas Day together."

"And why can't you spend Christmas together?" Her father asked from the door.

Jack and Sam sprang apart and saw the rather amused look on Jacob's face. Their friends were standing behind him, huge grins on their faces. "Ah guys..." Jack began.

"Oh, don't you dare try and make excuses Colonel" Janet interrupted.

"Yeah Jack. It's not like we haven't known for ages" Daniel finished.

"Excuse me?!" Sam asked in disbelief.

"Come on Sam I'm your doctor. It's a bit hard not to put the pieces together" Janet told her with a shrug.

"And Teal'c and I are with you both almost all the time. We knew you guys were close, the way you both look after each other and the way you both act when the other is in danger. We kinda got a bit suspicious when you would both disappear for a while when we were offworld. Teal'c told me he'd seen you both kissing one night" Daniel explained.

"Well my only excuse is that I'm your father. That and Selmac told me" Jacob supplied.

Sam and Jack looked at each other and then your friends. "So you guys are okay with this?" Sam asked, still a little shocked.

"Are you kidding? I can't believe it took as long as it did!" Daniel said, almost bouncing up and down on the spot.

"I'd have to agree with Daniel" was Janet's reply.

Teal'c bowed slightly. "I am pleased for you both."

Only Jacob remained silent.

Dad?" Sam questioned, stepping toward her father.

"I'm happy as long as my baby's happy" he finally said, pulling Sam into a hug.

"I am happy Dad" she replied, looking over her father's shoulder at Jack.

"Well now that that's out of the way" Jacob said, releasing his daughter. "I do believe we came to celebrate Christmas eve. If I remember correctly that involves drinking, singing and generally having a god time."

"Sounds good to me" Jack laughed, putting his arm around Sam's waist and drawing her to him.

"Why don't you go change out of your fatigues, Daniel can put some music on and I'll get the drinks. Then we can start decorating this tree."

"Yes Sir" Sam mocked, slapping him on the butt before walking out of the room.

"I hope you know what you've got yourself into" Jacob said with a chuckle.

"Oh I've got a fair idea" Jack replied, grinning.

They moved back into the living room and Sam emerged, changed and carrying a box of decorations. They got to work on the tree and it was complete in no time. "Wow this is beautiful. Thanks guys" Sam said as they stood and admired their efforts. She went into the bedroom and got the bags of presents she had stashed in the closet. She started placing them under the tree, smacking curious fingers that tried to look at them.

"Hey look what I found!" Came Jack's voice. Everyone turned to see him holding a piece of mistletoe. "It is tradition after all" he said, walking over to Sam and holding the mistletoe above her head. "Merry Christmas Sam" he said quietly before capturing her lips.

Their friends stood smiling at the couple, glad that they had finally found happiness with each other. Jacob cleared his throat. "Well I think that's our cue to leave" he said. The lovers pulled apart.

"You don't have to go yet" Sam said, although she didn't really mean it. Truth was she was dying to be alone with Jack, especially after already being interrupted twice that day.

"No your Dad's right Sam. We better get him and Teal'c back to the base and I have to relieve Cassie's baby-sitter" Janet said, grabbing her coat.

Jack and Sam stood cuddled at the door as they bided goodnight to their friends.

"Don't forget eleven o'clock at my place" Janet said as they walked down the hall. Since it was Cassie's first Christmas they were all going to celebrate it together.

"We'll be there" Jack returned, before ushering Sam back inside and shutting the door.

"I can't believe they new all along" Sam said as she slid into Jack's arms.

Jack chuckled. "Yeah Daniel swears he knew before we did."

"So," Sam said. "It's after midnight. Does that mean we get to open presents now?"

Jack couldn't help but smile. She sounded like an eager child. "There's one present I'd like to unwrap now, but it's not under the tree yet."

Sam gave him a questioning look then laughed as he picked her up and laid her down next to the other presents, kneeling beside her. "Can I have this present now?" He whispered.

Sam nodded before reaching up and pulling him down into a gentle, loving kiss. Jack smiled softly when they broke apart before kissing his way down her neck. "You know," he started, as he undid a button on Sam's shirt and kissed the exposed flesh. "I like to unwrap my gifts really slow." He proved his point by very slowly undoing her buttons, pausing to kiss the skin he revealed each time.

Just when Sam thought she could stand it no longer, Jack undid the final button and pulled the shirt open, revealing a black lacy bra. He pulled her into a sitting position so he could remove the shirt and bra. Her jeans followed a few moments later. He lowered her back to the floor. "This is the best present I could have ever asked for" he said quietly as he stroked her hair. "Thankyou" he finished, eyes shining.

Sam reached up and ran her hand down his cheek. "I love you Jack" she whispered.

"I love you too" he replied before capturing her lips. They proceeded in giving each other the greatest gift of all, themselves.

THE END

Feedback?