Words get in the way

by Clara

 

The words are from Gloria Estefan’s song ‘Words get in the way’ This is based on what I’ve heard about End Game, Which by the way from what I’ve been told is just wrong Chakotay and Seven *spit* just…no. Characters are not mine although I can bet that the girls of JetC would treat them better than Brannon Braga does.  Thanks to Caffey for beta-ing.

***

 

I realize your seeing some one new,

I don’t believe she knows you like I do,

Your temperamental moody side,

The one you’re always trying to hide from me.

 

Kathryn watched silently as Chakotay left Voyager with his hand in Sevens. She couldn’t believe it, all those years ago he had all but promised he would wait for her until their journey back to the Alpha Quadrant ended, but here he was, as soon as they reached home, in the arms of another women.

 

But I know when you’ve got something on your mind,

You’ve been trying to tell me for the longest time,

But before you brake my heart in two,

There’s something I’ve been trying to say to you.

 

She’d called him to her Ready room as soon as they reached the borders of Federation space, fully intending to tell him how she felt and that now they could finally be together, but instead Chakotay had told her that he and Seven were now a couple and that she would be coming home with him.

 

But the words get in the way,

There’s so much I want to say,

But its love deep inside,

and if you look in my eyes,

We might fall in love again.

I won’t even start to cry,

Before we say goodbye.

I try to say I love you

But the words get in the way.

 

Kathryn continued to watch them interacting with family and friends as tears fell from her eyes. She had always had this fantasy of what it would be like when Voyager finally got home, it involved Chakotay having his arm wrapped around her waist as they met various crew members family, being able to laugh and joke with the crew and not have to hid their feelings for each other, but there he was with a women who wasn’t her.

 

Your heart has always been an open door,

But baby I don’t even know you anymore,

And despite the fact it’s hurting me,

I know the time has come to set you free.

 

The buzzer sounded, signalling someone wanted access to the ready room. “Come,” she called out, her voice sounded raw from crying and she could only hope that the person at the door was someone who would accept whatever reason she gave them for her tears.

 

But the words get in the way,

There’s so much I want to say,

But its love deep inside,

and if you look in my eyes,

We might fall in love again.

I won’t even start to cry,

Before we say goodbye.

I try to say I love you

But the words got in the way.

 

B’Elanna step into the room and was shocked by the Captain’s appearance. “Captain, I just wanted to tell you that Tom, Miral and I are leaving now.” Kathryn nodded and gave B’Elanna a weak smile and nod. Walking towards the door B’Elanna stopped and turned back round “Captain? He doesn’t love her you know. It won’t last long.” Kathryn smiled at her again and B’Elanna walked out. Turning to the replicator Kathryn ordered a cup of coffee and down on the couch. ‘What the hell? She’d waited 7 years to be with him, what were a few more weeks?’

 

I’m tryin’ to say I love you,

But the words get in the way

 

The end.

 

Note: I’d like to make it absolutely clear at this point I HATE the idea of C/7, I’m a J/C shipper all the way and I would gladly beat Seven *spit* over the head with a stick.