Where you are

by Clara

All characters are property of Joss. The song "Where you are." Is sung by Jessica Simpson and Nick Lachey. This is for Kirsty who loves this song. For the sake of this story Riley doesn’t exist and Doyle NEVER died, Who ever came up with that is a bad person. Feedback is welcome as always.

***

~ There are times I swear I know you’re here, When I forget about my fears filling you with my tears. Watching over me, my heart thinks of what the future will bring, when you rap me in your wings and take me where you are. ~

Buffy sat in the Bronze and let the music wash over her. She had hoped that it would be easier to forget the pain and heartache she was feeling in a room full of people and laughter. But it turned out the pain was the same if not worse among all the happy couple who had no idea about was dwelled beneath them.

~ Where you and I will be together once again and we’ll be dancing in the moon light just like we used to do, and you’ll be smiling back at me only then will I be free when I can be where you are. ~

"Why could Angel and I be like that?" Buffy said turning to Willow and Tara. "Why couldn’t we just be a normal couple and I wouldn’t be the slayer and he wouldn’t be a vampire we’d just be," She looked around the room looking for a good example.

"That." She finished pointing to Anya and Xander slowly rocking to the music.

"Um, Buff?" Willow replied, "Ex- demon."

"Oh right. Well okay like…that!" She pointed to another couple sitting at a table across the room staring blissfully into each others eyes.

Cocking her head to the side Tara looked at the couple "She look’s familiar. I think I’ve seen her in your photo album." She finished turning to       Willow.

~ And I can see your face your kiss I still can taste and the memories remain. Oh I see your star shining down on me and I’d do anything if I could just be right there where you are. ~

"It’s Cordelia!" Willow said starting to get excited. "Come on." The three girls started to make their way across the room. "Hey Cory!"

Cordelia pulled her eyes away from the guy sitting across from her, "Hey Buffy, Willow and some one I don’t know."

~ Where you and I will be together once again and we’ll be dancing in the moon light just like we used to do and you’ll be smiling back at me only then will I be free then I will be free so take me where you are. ~

She smiled apologetically at Tara before Buffy said "This is Tara. But what are you doing back in Sunnydale?"

Cordelia rolled her eyes at her companion before saying "Doyle and I needed a break from the brood vamp." Buffy looked down at her feet as she felt a stab of pain. "Oh Buffy, Sorry. But he hasn’t been up to doing much lately he’s kind of like missing you is all he’s capable of is missing you."

 

"Buffy’s the same." Willow told Cordelia before Buffy could say anything.

"Willow!"

~ And baby there were times when selfishly I wished that you were here with me so I could wipe the tears from your eyes and make you see every night when you were sleeping I’m here to guide you from afar and anytime I feel alone I close my eyes and dream of where you are. ~

"Well I’m sorry Buffy but you to need each other you should go to L.A. and bring him back.." Willow finished as Cordelia handed Buffy the keys to Doyle’s car.

"Um, baby I thought you said she wasn’t much of a driver?" Cordelia elbowed him in the ribs as he went to grab his car keys back out of the Slayer’s hand. "I’ll drive." He wheezed trying to get some air back in his lungs. Buffy wordlessly handed Doyle his keys back to hiss relief and followed him out side.

Buffy, Cordy, Doyle and Tara climbed in and waited for Willow who was grabbing Xander and Anya. When they were all in Doyle took off in a style of bad driving not very different from Buffy’s and Cordelia’s, and Willow started to wonder if it was worse than them put together.

***

 

Angel stood in his kitchen shirtless and drinking a bag of blood and not surprisingly thinking of Buffy. When he heard a crash upstairs and the sound of Cordelia shouting at Doyle about something to do with speeding tickets and fines sighing he made his way upstairs ready to play UN peace keeper.

"Guy’s can you not stop arguing for at least an hour or is it…" He trailed off as he saw Buffy and the rest of the Slayerettes standing around watching Doyle and Cordelia with interest . "Buffy."

~ Where you and I will be together once again and we’ll be dancing in the moon light just like we used to do, and you’ll be smiling back at me then I will be free then I will be free. ~

"Hi." She replied fiddling with her bag obviously nervous.

"Well," Cordelia said breaking the silence. "Angel has popcorn downstairs let’s go." And pulling Doyle and Xander who wanted to watch with them the rest of the gang left Buffy and Angel to it.

"I’ve missed you." He started trying to avoid an awkward silence.

"I want you back." Buffy blurted out, "I love you and how dare you just leave and not give me any say in what between us!" She finished nearly shouting.

"I did it for you, so you could have a normal life with a normal guy." Angel replied trying to make it sound like this was what he wanted.

"That’s a load of crap Angel! If you really loved me you’d have stayed and helped me fight because I can’t do it alone anymore!" She was crying know and he made it across the room in two steps and rapped his arms around her. "Don’t leave me again, Angel don’t." Buffy sobbed into his chest.

~ Baby I still believe I’ve got to believe I will touch you as we dance that you take me there baby I still believe I’ve got to believe I will touch you as we dance that you will take me there where you are. ~

Then he smiled the first smile since he’d left Sunnydale. "Never again Buffy never again." And the group listening in on the other side of the door cheered.

~ I still believe I’ve got to believe. ~