Torn apart

by Clara

 

This story is set just before “The Prom” when Angel says he’s leaving. Please if you like this story let me know ‘cause I’m just not sure on it I was happy at the start but now I’m not So what can I do? 

Ps. In case anyone cares Oz won’t be in here much ‘cause I find it so hard to write his parts ‘cause as he said about Xander “You’re a very complex man aren’t ya?”

 

Dedicated to Tom, Gemma and Vikki. Special thanks to AngelicMulder for all her help.

 

All main characters belong to Joss Weadon and only the blood sucking super vamp at the beginning is mine.

 

***

Buffy Summers stumbled through the graveyard. She had to admit her pursuer was quick on his feet! Buffy had been fighting the vampire for about ½ an hour before she had had to give up as all her weapons seemed useless but he didn’t want to give up so quickly.

 

“Oh god.” Buffy thought to her self “If some one who doesn’t want to drain my blood doesn’t come by soon I’m dead.” Just then Buffy heard a scream from behind her. Grabbing the one stake left in her bag she whirled around to see Angel standing where the walking dead annoyance had once been.

 

“Angel.” Buffy sighed putting the stake away. “What are you doing here?”

 

“Looking for you.” He said rapping one arm protectively around her waist. “Problems?” Angel asked nodding to where he had just been standing. Buffy shook her head trying to get rid of the dirt she had gained in the fight.

 

 “Yeah. That thing just wouldn’t die. I mean what was he? A knew race of ultra “I’m UN killable but your not?” Vampire?”  She shook her head again.

 

 “I’m going home.”

 

“I’ll walk with you.” Angel told her. They walked along quietly for a minutes before Buffy broke the silence.

 

“Listen, I was going to try find you tomorrow to ask you about this but since you’re here I’ll ask now. Some vamp I was fighting yesterday told me that Spike and Drusilla are back in town…”

Buffy stopped at the troubled expression on Angel’s face and her heart went out to him but she had to ask.

 

“Have you seen them?” She finished the sentence quickly and looked up into Angel’s face.

“No.” He told her “The last I heard Spike was still searching for Dru in some god forsaken country and that’s what Spike told both of us.”

 

Buffy sighed if Spike and Drusilla were back in town Angel would have a problem dealing with his guilt over what he did to Drusilla. The guilt seemed to bother him more now than before he had lost his soul and got it back again.

 

“Well I guess we should get moving.” Buffy said nervously, eager to change the subject. Angel sighed and started walking and she followed close behind him. After a few more minutes they reached her house and Buffy smiled as she saw her Mom looking out of Buffy’s bedroom window and at her Moms face showing a mixture of relief and worry as she saw Angel. Buffy waved at the window to let her mother know she was all right.

 

“Coming in?” She asked him turning to face him.

 

“Well let’s just sit here for a while first. You know we can talk.” Buffy gave him a weird look.

 

“Angel. We can talk in my room besides it’s to damn cold to sit out here to chat about the latest monster’s unite meeting.” Angel stared at her as she spoke and matched her look with one of his own.

 

 “Actually I was kind of hoping to talk about well us.”

 

“Us?” Buffy asked confused “What about us?”

 

“Well…”

 

Angel took a deep breath.

 

“I think we need to put some distance between us for a while.” Buffy looked like she had been slapped.

 

“What?” She almost shouted.

 

“ Just if Spike and Dru are back they’ll have a grudge against me and I don’t want you to get hurt.” Buffy’s gaze softened.

 

“Angel, I can hold my own against Spike and Drusila Okay? I’ve faced them and worse before and always come out on top.”

 

Buffy put her hand on his arm and he took it and held it between his.

 

 “Besides if Spike does come after you I want to be able to help you.”

 

Angel looked at her for a moment then said quietly “I can take care of my self Buffy.” Buffy pulled her hand away and got up

 

“Oh you mean like when they got you for that ritual with Drusilla?” And now she really was shouting. 

 

“Buffy?” her mother called from inside “Keep the noise down it’s late.”

 

“Okay Mom.” Buffy said opening the door before saying to Angel

 

“Come on, We still need to talk.” Angel reluctantly followed her inside.

 

“Look all I’m saying is they hate me and I don’t want you to get hurt emotionally or physically ‘cause Dru will try to throw what we had together before Spike in your face.”

 

Buffy closed the door firmly behind them before leading the way to her bedroom. “Angel I’m not going to go into hiding just because a couple of vampires are back in town which I’ve beaten before and will again got it? End of conversation.”

 

Angel looked at her and saw her determination and decided it was pointless to argue with her.

 

“Fine. You win.” He said simply before sitting down on Buffy’s bed.

“Just be careful I don’t want to loose you again that’s all I can’t live without you.” Buffy sat down next to him and looked into his eyes

 

 “Nothing is going to happen to me and if Spike tries anything I’ll kick his butt.” She smiled at the thought she had to admit teaching Spike a lesson was an appealing thought.  Angel looked at her and smiled. Buffy realised that she had finally convinced him she could look after herself where Spike and Drusila were concerned.  “I’d better go Buff. You know sun rise soon and all.” Buffy nodded and brushed her lips against his and whispered in Angel’s ear “Don’t stay away from me for to long.” Angel got up and walked towards her window. Buffy eyes followed him before saying “Oh Angel you can use the door.”

 

Angel shrugged and turned walked towards the door kissing Buffy on the way.

 

“Bye.” He said and left.

 

“Bye” Buffy whispered sinking down on to her bed before falling fast asleep.

 

*****

Drusilla paced beside the table her cherry red dress brushing the floor of the factory as she waited for Spike’s return. She had eaten her way through a few high school boys that night and was busy thinking of how bad they tasted with all the junk she was sure they had in their system when Spike came through the door.

 

“Hello Luv.” He said holding on to the table as if in an effort not to fall over. “You know… You really should try getting drunk pet it’s the best way to have fun with out killing some human.”

 

Spike was saved Drusilla’s wrath over knocking killing humans by the rays of the sun beginning to become visible through the door of the factory.

 

Drusila caught hold of Spikes hand and pulled him away from the door before closing it.

 

“Time to sleep Spiky. We have along night tomorrow.” Drusila said in her hushed voice her hollow eyes staring at Spike. “I’m going to kill the Slayer who took my Angel.”

 

*****

 

“He really said that?” Willow said to Buffy as they walked down the corridor towards the library.

“Yup he thinks we should break while Spike and Drusila are in town.” Buffy replied feeling more than a little off about the whole thing. “This by the way is something I don’t want Xander to know about. He’d after way to many insults and digs about Angel to share.”

Well just threaten to tell everyone what he’s been thinking.” Willow smiled “And just out of interest…What does he think about?”

 

“Well…” Buffy replied  “Lets just say like most boys in this school he thinks way to much about sex.”

 

“Oh. Well that’s some thing you can use against him.”

 

“I guess but it being Xander he’d probably go on any way. Why do you care what Xander thinks about anyway?” Buffy said looking at Willow.

 

“Well Umm … Ooh look there’s Oz!” Willow ran up the corridor and flung her arms around her boyfriend leaving Buffy staring after her friend trying not to laugh before heading off towards the library to spend her free period training with Giles.

 

*****

A gig in Las Vegas you’re kidding! Willow exclaimed before throwing her arms around her boyfriend for the second time in five minutes.

“Okay Will as much as I want to hug you and all can you not squeeze so hard your cutting the circulation to my arms.” Oz finished with a lopsided smile which stopped Willows smile slipping as she realised he was joking.

 

“So how long will you be gone? 2 days?”

 

“Actually more like a week.”

 

“A week? How am I going to live without you for that long?”

 

“You could come with us.”

 

“No I can’t I’d miss too much school and anyway will you be back for the Prom?”

 

“Sure I’ll be back in plenty of time to get a suit and be at the Prom.”

 

“Good ‘cause it wouldn’t be the same without you.”

 

*****

Buffy walked into the library to find Xander, Giles and Wesley sitting in silence.

 

“Okay what?”

 

Giles stood up and looked at Buffy.

 

“Giles you’re wigging me. What’s going on?”

 

“Buffy. Spike and Drusila are back.”

 

Buffy looked down at her hands and whispered “I know.”

 

Wesley looked at her “You knew? Why didn’t you tell us?”

 

“Well I found out for definite around 5 hour ago and I intend to find and stop them tonight.”

Buffy you can’t just go after Spike and Drusila without a plan it’s just not logical.” Giles told her.

 

“Actually I was going to take Angel find Spike and beat the crap out of him.”

 

Xander looked at Giles and said, “She has a plan.”

 

*****

Angel!

 

Here.”

 

Ow!”

 

“Sorry.”

 

That’s okay where’s the light switch.”

 

“Leave it don’t want to worn them we here.” Angel told her.

 

“Yes ‘cause the amount of noise we’re making won’t warn them we’re here.”

 

“Buffy. What’s wrong.” Angel looked at her with concern written on his face.

Buffy looked in to Angels chocolate brown eyes and sighed. “Nothing I’m just unbelievably eager to get Spike and Drusilla out of my life for good.” She looked around before adding “Plus this factory gives me the creeps.”

 Angel put his arms around the slayer’s waist and kissed her softly. “They’ll be gone before sun rise.”

 

“Actually mate I’m not so sure.”

 

Buffy and Angel turned round to see Spike standing with Drusilla holding on to his arm.

 

“Hello my Angel.” She whispered softly “You’ve come home again.”

 

Angel shut his eyes against the memories that invaded his mind about his short months of being Angelus before replying. “Dru.”

 

“So what brings you to this part of town?” Spike asked Buffy.

 

“Oh you know killing, stabbing, beheading vampires the normal stuff” Buffy told him

Drusila giggled at the slayer before releasing Spikes arm and walking over to a trunk and taking out one of her dolls.

 

“Miss Edith says you came to hurt us.” Drusilla said her dull eyes staring at her sire.

 

“Well Miss Edith hasn’t lost her gift to read minds then has she?” Angel replied looking at Drusilla and then Spike.

 

“Okay as fun as these little conversation is can we get to the fighting?” Spike said before lunging at the slayer but Buffy was ready for him and sent him staggering back with a high kick to him head.  While Angel started fighting with one of Spikes cronies whom had come running in with about ten other vamps. His game face on Angel snapped the leg off one of the chairs around a big oak table and dusted the vampire with ease. He saw Buffy run up on to the platform swinging above the factory floor closely followed by Spike.

 

Angel dodged the next vamps attack. Staking the vampire quickly he looked up at Buffy fighting Spike. “Buffy.” He whispered looking up at her as he realized what she had realized seconds before, she was trapped. Quickly he jumped onto the table and swung up onto the plat form thus distracting Spike long enough for Buffy to perform an impressive kick which spent Spike flying off the plat form and onto the table below.

 

Dru, Seeing her lover land on the oak table with a thud looked up to the platform. “The nasty Slayer hurt my Spike. Daddy didn’t help.” With that she began to weep.

 

“Come on lets go.” Buffy said wincing at the pain in her leg.

 

“We didn’t find out what they were up to.” Angel replied helping Buffy down from the Platform.

 

“Doesn’t matter. They won’t keep quite for long. If they did, Then how would Spike get to gloat? After all he’s never gonna beat us.”

 

“He thinks he might that much is obvious.”

 

“What else is new? Come on lets go see Giles and Wesley.”

 

To be continued…