Indiscretion
By Clara

Summary: The truth
Category: SJ, SL, Angst
Rating: PG
Author's notes: I'm so so sorry. I think I emotionally wrecked Scott and Jean...

Dedication: Thanks to Jojo, who not only betaed this fic, but also inspired me to write an X Men fic in the first place.
****

He was never supposed to find out. She's ashamed that after awhile, she honestly started to believe everything would work out and that he would never find out that the daughter he doted on wasn't his.

It was an indiscretion, that was all. One night of vulnerability when she wasn't sure if she would ever see him again. So when Logan had offered comfort, she had accepted.. and she'd tried so hard to forget the truth. Played the loving wife and mother to the extreme, attempting to make up for it.

And now Scott knew the truth, let out during another round of bickering which seemed to happen a lot for them lately. She doubted she'd even forget the cold look on his face as he walked away from her, she knew then he wouldn't come back to her. His rivalry with Logan had never really cooled and she was sure this would prove to him so many of his own points about Logan, the ones he'd spent hours telling her about.

The future had never seemed uncertain before. Now it just seemed bleak. She glanced to the left and stared at her sleeping daughter. Their angel, he had always called her. She wondered if he would abandon Johanna now that he knew the truth- she could just about handle him walking away from her, no matter how much it hurt. But she wasn't sure she could handle him walking away from their daughter. The biology didn't matter; they had raised her together, Logan had not been back to the mansion since and she doubted he even knew of Johanna's existence.

She looked away and brought a shaky hand up to her face, brushing her hair away and closed her eyes. Things were just so wrong this way... and it was her mistake, she couldn't blame Scott... she'd done enough to him already.