Dance with me

By Clara

No Characters belong to me except Sarah and Daniel who do. Debelah Morgan sings the song Dance with me. Dedicated to Helen and Mariah who both sent me the words to Dance with me.

****


Kathryn Janeway stood in front of the mirror in her quarters. She was getting ready for the party that Neelix was putting on to celebrate the engagement of Ensign Sarah Penny and Lieutenant Daniel Charles.

Oh come and dance with me, my baby

Let's dance, do it, go crazy
The night is young and so are we
Let's make love and dance the night away

She wore a blue dress almost the same color as the Science officers uniform, which split up the side to just above the knee. The dress sported a daring neck line and Kathryn used the opportunity of it to where a pendant that her mother had given her just before she left with Voyager and that day she felt the need to where something from home.

Sighing she gave her self one more look in the mirror before slipping on the high shoes she had decided on and left for Holodeck one.

What I really wanna do
Is just dance with you
And feel your body tight
Show ya how to do it right
I can show you every move
I know just what to do
Each step we do is refine
One dance and you'll be mine

So baby when we hit the floor
You'll be asking for more
Let's make love and dance the night away

Upon arriving she had to admit that Neelix, with the help of Tom and Harry had done a great job decorating the Holodeck. Sarah and Daniel had specified that they would like their party to take place in a bar Sarah had visited in Hawaii on Earth which was situated right on the edge of a beach and was surrounded on three sides by palm trees.

Oh come and dance with me, my baby
Let's dance, do it, go crazy
The night is young and so are we
Let's make love and dance the night away

The bar consisted of small bar complete with bar tender in one corner and a dance floor with sparkling lanterns around it. On the other side of the room were a few scattered tables and chairs where a few crewmen could already be seen relaxing and sipping drinks.

Walking over t the bar Kathryn took the time to admire the glittering ocean than lade just beyond the tables and thought of how wonderful it would be to dive into the clear waters and feel the moon light on her shoulders.

Oh put your hand in mine
Promise I'll take my time
We'll dance from head to toe
I can dance fast or slow
Baby look into my eyes
Let the music hypnotise
Let our bodies synchronise
When we're dancing you'll be mine

So baby when we hit the floor
You'll be asking for more
Let's make love and dance the night away

"Hey." Jumping Kathryn turned and almost bumped into Chakotay.

"Hi." She replied suddenly feeling quite shy. They had been together for nearly two months now but this was the first party they had attended since telling the crew of their involvement. Looking Chakotay up and down she had to admit he looked gorgeous and she was pretty sure that the majority of the women in the Holodeck which was quickly filling up were staring at the First officer. He wore black trousers and a white shirt which and as far as she was concerned he’d never looked better.

Oh come and dance with me, my baby
Let's dance, do it, go crazy
The night is young and so are we
Let's make love and dance the night away

Holding out his hand, Chakotay took her’s in his and led her over to the bar where he ordered two Jaffa Cakes. (A cocktail made with Baileys, Cream and some other stuff) while watching as Kathryn settled herself on one of the high stools before sitting on the one to her left. This was where they spent the next two hours talking until Kathryn gave her speech and toasted the couple and then the dancing began.

At first they just watched until a song with a Latin feel to it came on and Chakotay stood up. "Dance with me?" Kathryn smiled and nodded before following him on to the dance floor where for the first part of the song they just swayed until the song picked up and soon they were twirling around to the beat and becoming totally caught up in each other.

Oh when it comes to dancing
I know how to move
When it comes to passion
I know just what to do
I feel the music inside
I feel like I am alive
Pretend I was right
Let's make love

By the time the song finished both were breathless and agreed that a walk would be a good idea so Kathryn removed her heals and they headed out along the waters edge before sitting on some rocks about thirty feet away from the dance floor. There were no need for words as Kathryn simply laid her head on Chakotay’s shoulder and smiled as he put his arm around her waist.

Oh come and dance with me, my baby
Let's dance, do it, go crazy
The night is young and so are we
Let's make love and dance the night away

They sat like that and only moved to kiss slightly, until Tom and B’Elanna came up the beach towards the beach.

"Hey Chakotay." Tom called. "The parties over and everyone’s leaving. But B’Ela and I are gonna head to Sandrines for a drink. Do you two wanna join us?"

Oh come and dance
Let's dance
The night
Let's make love and dance the night away

"Sure." Chakotay replied after Kathryn nodded.

"It’s been a while since I’ve had the opportunity to beat you at pool Tom." She said to him. "Have you improved at all?"

Oh come and dance with me, my baby
Let's dance, do it, go crazy
The night is young and so are we
Let's make love and dance the night away

Tom laughed and replied as B’Elanna rolled her eyes at what she knew he was about to say "Captain I’d bet a months replicator rations that I could beat you."

Kathryn and Chakotay stood up and the two couples made their way to the Holodeck doors as Kathryn replied "Well Mr. Paris I’ll be happy to take your rations and I’ll even let you break."

"Captain, You’re on."

Oh come and dance with me, my baby
Let's dance, do it, go crazy
The night is young and so are we
Let's make love and dance the night away