Challenge day

by Clara

 

This is an answer to Rel’s weird challenge on The JetCjr challenge centre. Which goes as follows: Write a fic starting 'I never thought I'd see the day Tuvok took up roller blading..'. It has to have at least two definite JC moments; one involving a flower and the other involving a bow and arrow.  All characters belong to Paramount. For Rel, It took me awhile but I got there!! Also thanks the Caffey for beta-ing this fic for me.

****

I never thought I’d see the day Tuvok took up roller blading. But there he was going along the holographic tarmac hill …and strait into the wall at the bottom. 

 

Though why a Vulcan who has shown no sign of a sense of humor in the last 4 years is now on roller blades in beyond me.

 

 We’re bored. It’s quite simple really- we’re stuck in a part of space with no stars, no ships no nothing. So Tom came up with the idea of all the senior staff coming up with challenges for another member of the senior staff.

 

So Harry, Tom and B’Elanna came up with a series of challenges for the senior staff in the interest of raising the crews morale, Tuvoks first challenge is to master roller blading and I have to say he’s not doing a very good job of it.

 

Another thing that’s funny about this is that the Doctors challenge is to stay silent all day without turning off his vocal processor and you can tell he’s desperate to say something sarcastic about the rest of our efforts to complete our challenges.

 

I completed mine earlier today which was to do a 35m high dive which was quite a feat for me as what most people don’t know is that I’m scared of heights.    

 

Next up is Chakotay and this is the one I’m worried about. You see, Chakotay has to use an old fashioned bow to shoot an arrow through an apple on my head. Naturally I’ve made sure the point of the arrow is blunted but I’m telling you it still hurts when it hits you not the apple.

 

 That’s what happened earlier when we were practising. Naomi distracted him and the arrow hit me in the chest, he was however very apologetic and gave me a red rose from the airponics bay.

 

That of course started the crew gossiping, but then I don’t need a rose to tell me how Chakotay feels for me and he doesn’t need one to tell him how I feel about him.  Does that make sense?

So anyway here I am stood against a holographic tree waiting for him to shoot the arrow. “Don’t worry Kathryn.” He calls out “I won’t hit you this time.” 

 

“Just get it over with.” I shout and squeeze my eyes shut. So he shoots and this time hits the apple to the delight of the officers standing around us.

 

Chakotay walks over to me and gives me a hug. “I told you I’d get it right this time!” I smile at the expression on his face… He’s cute when he’s pleased with himself. I have to admit I think that over all this plan of Toms was a pretty good one. I’m going to consider holding these ‘challenge days’ a little more regularly.