Something worth leaving behind (v.2)

By Clara

 

Summary: Something worth leaving behind

Rating: NC-17

Category: C/?, Angst

Disclaimer: They’re not mine

Archive: Sure, just let me know

Author’s notes: This was meant to be a happy fic inspired by Lee Ann Womack’s song ‘Something worth leaving behind’ this is what I ended up with. To be honest, this is not the original version of this fic, but Jen was ‘slightly’ upset with the first version. If anyone’s interested that one will be going up on my site along with this tomorrow before I leave.

Dedication: Jen.

***

 

She loves to watch Lindsey sleep. He loves to watch her watching Lindsey.

 

Sometimes he’ll just stand there in the doorway as Catherine smoothes back her daughter’s hair and kisses her forehead softly.

 

He always pretends not to see the tears when she turns around. They always come after cases involving children and he knows when she comes home and looks at her daughter, she’s imagining that Lindsey is the one lying on a cold steel table.

 

“Catherine? You want something to eat?” He walks away from the door and heads into the kitchen; Catherine follows and sits down on one of the stools by the breakfast bar.

 

“No, I’m not hungry.”

 

He glances at her then and sees the lost look in her eyes; it almost makes his heart break to see her like that and he wants nothing more than to take her in his arms and tell her it will be alright.

 

She has the same idea and suddenly she’s pulling him down the corridor towards her bedroom, kissing him like there’s no tomorrow.

 

His hands quickly divulge her of her clothing and when they join together, it’s anything but gentle.

 

Her teeth graze his lower lip as he thrusts into her, her legs wrapped around his waist as he pins her up against the wall.

 

When she comes it triggers his own orgasm and as he empties himself inside her, his lips meet hers again in a bruising kiss.

 

As she slides down his body, the kisses become gentler and he glances behind him at the bed. “Next time Catherine, we’re going slow.”

 

She nodded and smiled before pulling his lips to hers again, whispering against them “Thanks for being here Gil.”

 

“Always Cath.”