Crushing
By Clara

Summary: "Is this what you're looking for?"
Disclaimer: They're not mine
Category: Toby/CJ
Author�s Note: Written for the meme on LJ which asked for people to choose a fandom, a pairing/character and one line, to be turned into a drabble or ficlet between 100-500 words.

Requested By: Coltsbane. West Wing - Toby/CJ - "Why does everyone always talk about my tombstone? Is there some sort of morbid aura around my life that I'm missing?"
***

CJ threw herself down onto the couch and smiled up at him. "You're way too obsessive about these things...it'll be written on your tombstone."

"Why does everyone always talk about my tombstone? Is there some sort of morbid aura around my life that I'm missing?" Toby glared at her from behind the safety of his desk and popped a potato chip, the other hand planted firmly on his hip. "Besides, it's completely healthy."

CJ chuckled. "You just keep telling yourself that Toby."

He glowered at her before shrinking into his chair. "They started it."

"Maybe...but you're supposed to be the grown up."

"Yes I am...and that's why I'm going to find it easy to crush them."

"Josh and Sam..." She paused and wiggled in her seat before sliding her hand down the back of the sofa.

"No CJ, they're going to pay for this."

"Toby! Look at me..." She held the recently retrieved ball up for him to see. "This what you thought they'd taken?"

He remained silent for a moment and simply stared at the ball, thinking. Finally he held out his hand and court it easily when she threw it to him.

"Ok, no crushing."