Lost Opportunities
by Clara

This is the first Voyager fic I�ve written on my own and I know it�s pretty confusing but I may do a sequel that will make it less confusing. Dedicated to Charon and all those on JetCjr10. Feedback is welcome and. No characters here belong to me. I hope since I�m a J/C lover it�s obvious who these two are.
***

He�d said just before he left that he loved me. I remember blushing and glancing away and telling him we�d discuss it when he got back from the surface. It was an accident really. One minute he was telling us that he�d found some vegetation near the waters edge and the next he was gone. No sound, no hint of what had happened he was just gone. B�Elanna ran to the waters edge and I beamed down much to Tuvoks disapproval but we found nothing.


We spent 3 days in orbit looking for some hint as to what had happened but we still had no idea. At first we went with the obvious conclusion that he�d fallen but we would have heard something or B�Elanna would have seen but nothing.

I wish I�d told him then and there I loved him. But instead I had to let protocol get in the way. He was my last chance of love aboard Voyager. No one else, no crewmember or character on the Holodeck has ever made me feel the way he did and I just hope that he had some idea of what he meant to me.