Shiver
by Clara
Disclaimer: Characters don�t belong to me. The song is �Shiver� by Jamie O�Neil.
Summary: �I�m overwhelmed, you smile, I melt and some where inside, oh baby I, shiver �
Category: Romance
Spoilers: Set after Descent but no spoilers.
Rating: PG

Authors notes: Written on the train coming home from the first SJUK meet up. Dedicated to Shinara who phoned and told me I had to �Hurry up and get home to post it.� Also for Meeshy, because she�s such a great twin *huggles*
****

He took her hand in his and stared down at their entwined fingers. He could feel the involuntary shiver that went though his Major, making him smile. Turning his head slightly, he lifting his free hand to cup the back of her head bringing their lips together. Soft and undemanding, Jack didn�t want it to end. Pulling back slightly, he rested his forehead against hers and sighed softly making her match his earlier smile. He sighed again and closed his eyes as she moved, resting her head on his shoulder. He placed a soft kiss on her temple.
 
As soon as Jacob had left to return to the Tok�ra, he�d brought Sam home with him. Both too tired at that moment after their rescue from the Ha�tak to deny their feelings, which led to their current position, sat on his couch with their arms wrapped around each other.
 
Sighing again, Sam cuddled against his side and he instinctively tightened his arms around her. He could so easily get used to this and he was pretty sure that if given the choice at that very moment, he would choose a relationship with her over anything else in this world or otherwise.
 
Part of him was still surprised that she�d agreed to come home with him. Sure, she�d been to him here before, but never alone when either of them was feeling this fragile and in need of comfort. They�d always viewed it as too dangerous a situation to put themselves in. Why this time had been so different he didn�t know, or maybe it wasn�t and they were just too tired of fighting the attraction between them.
 
Deciding that he was trying to rationalise this too much, Jack closed his eyes and leaned his head back against the couch, the fact was that they were both here, and he intended to enjoy the moment for as long as it lasted.