Compressed Phaser Rifles
by Clara

Summary: An AU Divide and Conquer. Anise is the Za�tarc rather than Martouf.
Disclaimer: Not mine.
Archive: Take it if you want it but keep my name and e-mail attached
Category: AU, Humour

Authors notes: This is all Jo R�s fault. She said the only thing letting down D&C was that Anise lived and Martouf died� so I fixed it. Thanks to Charon for beta-ing.
 ****

�What about Anise?� Sam looked to Martouf who had just finished testing herself and Jack O�Neill to make sure they weren�t Za�tarcs. He looked back with a slight smirk which gave Sam the answer she was looking for. Grabbing Jacks arm she pulled him out of the room and towards the Armoury.
***
 
Anise looked around the gate room at the various members of the SGC and Tok�ra talking. She couldn�t get over the feeling that she was supposed to do something� shrugging she wondered whether Colonel O�Neill had undergone the procedure yet, she still couldn�t believe he�d had the nerve to turn her away earlier. Here she was a very attractive women and he was too wrapped up in Major Carter to notice. It was ridiculous.
 
Looking around she saw the President walk through the door and all reason was lost as she grabbed her weapon and began to fire.
***
 
Sam and Jack ran into the gate room while Martouf cowered behind them. They had been right; Anise did appear to be a Za�tarc. Ducking down Sam headed forward with a Star Trek Voyager style compressed phaser rifle that they�d found on their last mission. With Jack covering her she stood quickly and fired.
 
Anise was thrown back against the wall by the intensity of the blast, hit the wall and began to slide down it, quite obviously dead. Sam stood looking down at the body an obvious look of contempt on her face for the women who�d caused so much trouble.
 
Jack, glanced over her shoulder at the body before rolling his eyes and turning to Sam. �I shouldn�t have told you about that kiss should I?�