Summary: She wants him to hurt as much as she does
Rating: PG
Set: Set right after the almost wedding
Pairing: Sonny/Brenda, Jax/Brenda, Jason/Brenda
Disclaimer: Not mine!

Author’s Notes: I seem to be on a roll as far as GH fic goes tonight, who needs sleep anyway! Title is from ‘I Wish It Would Rain Down’ by Phil Collins.
Dedication: Krissy, my source for all soap history facts!
***

| Rain Down | Letting Go |



Rain Down
She wants him to hurt as much as she does
 Set right after Sonny & Brenda's almost wedding

It had never rained so much, not at any other point in her life.

A single tear slipped down her cheek and she had to muffle the urge to scream. For some reason it seemed really important that Jason didn’t see her loose it.

She couldn’t quite understand how he could do this to her. He said he loved her, cared for her and would see her at the altar.

But he hadn’t been there and she didn’t know how he could be so cruel as to get Jason to tell her it had been a great ride, she thought she’d meant more to him than that, that what they had had meant more.

And then suddenly it wasn’t so important if Jason saw her breakdown, after all, he’d tell Sonny and she wanted him to know what he’d done to her. He deserved the pain that she hoped it would bring him.

He’d dominated her life since the day they met and the fact was, she had no clue how to live her life without him.

***

Letting Go
That act had ruined everything
Set right after Jax & Brenda's almost wedding

She’d cry if she wasn’t so angry.

Jax had been there to pick up the pieces the last time and now here she was, changing out of her gown after being dumped at alter by him. The irony wasn’t lost on her.

She wondered if he’d even understood what she had said to him with all their friends watching, she doubted it. He’d made up his mind long ago that she was guilty of more than needing closure.

And kissing Sonny had brought her just that, the one thing neither of them had ever had on their relationship and she’d wanted it so badly so that she could give herself to Jax once and for all. Now that act had ruined everything.

It was humiliating. She had to be the only woman in Port Charles to have gotten left at the alter by two different men. Last time everyone had gotten the chance to see the consequences, but not this time.

She was stronger now and had no doubt she could get through it, but she needed to do it alone, without anyone around who knew her past and would be constantly looking out for signs that she was slowly loosing it.

Slowly, she stepped out of her dress and walked towards the bathroom to change. All she had to do was get out of Port Charles and then she could begin to move on, she only hoped it would prove to be that simple.

Final Part Coming Soon!