Unguarded
By Clara
 
Disclaimer: They�re not mine.
Summary: Sometimes the old clich�s are right�
Set: I�m guessing general series 2.
Category: CGR

Rating: NC-17
Author�s notes: I�ve no idea where this came from! I know it�s a little all over the place but I hope you enjoy it anyway. Thanks to Jen for beta-ing.
Dedication: Amanda, write fic! Also Jo, for the simple reason that I�m determined to get you watching this show!
***
 
All she wanted to do that night was forget. To lie in his arms and feel something other than the loneliness that seemed to have been following her around lately.
 
She hadn�t wanted to go home to an empty house, Linsey was spending the week with her father, and after the day they had had, being alone just hadn�t been an option. And so she�d ended up at his townhouse as she so often had before and no doubt would again.
 
Catherine buried her head in his shoulder and pulled Gil closer, breathing in deeply. They hadn�t planned for their relationship to fall back into the pattern from before her marriage and yet here they were. Lying in his bed, arms wrapped around each other with him stroking her hair, telling her everything was going to be all right.
 
The funny thing was, not once in the times that they had ended up in this position had she not believed him. To her knowledge he�d never lied to her before and Catherine doubted that he was going to start now.
 
She sometimes let her mind wander when they were like this. What was it about this man that inspired her to let her guard down? It scared her sometimes just how vulnerable she let herself be around him, she knew she couldn�t hide anything from him now, if indeed she ever had been able to before.
 
At times she wondered about their complete inability to deal with this thing between them. Catherine knew she cared deeply for him and there was no doubt in her mind that he felt the same, yet there always seemed to be something holding them back.
 
�What are you thinking about?� His voice broke through her thoughts and she smiled softly against his skin.
 
�Nothing much, just things in general��
 
He grinned slightly and placed a kiss against her hair, �You think too much.�
 
Catherine pulled herself up and stared into his eyes, before smiling again and brushing her lips across his before pulling back again. His hand moved from her arm and ran down her side, stopped at her hip, caressing her skin lightly.
 
She let him tug her closer and tried to suppress the moan when he started placing kisses along her collar bone.
 
Catherine felt him chuckle against her skin before rolling them so that she lay below him, arching her back she couldn�t help the burst of pride at the groan she induced from him.
 
Gil ducked his head then and captured her lips with his, smiling against them when he felt her arms wrap around his shoulders, anchoring him to her.
 
Pulling back slightly he couldn�t help another groan from going though him at the sight of her. If possible, she looked even more sexy than she usually did. Hair tousled and lips swollen from his kisses, there was no denying the reaction in her that his touch produced.
 
The hand that had been on her hip moved then, pushing her legs apart slightly and probing softly between them, testing her readiness. She let out a gasp as his hand brushed against her clit and she could help but arch against him again. Smiling at her reaction, Gil bent his head and took one nipple in his mouth, swirling his tongue around the tender bud, while continuing to caress her with his fingers.
 
When she couldn�t take anymore of his sweet torture she called out to him, �Gil...Please��
 
He released the nipple from his mouth and placed a trail of kisses along her shoulder before reaching her mouth and kissing her passionately.
 
Shifting his hips against hers slightly, Gil removed his hand from between her thighs and grasped his erection, guiding it towards her opening.
 
Lifting his lips from hers he looked into her eyes before thrusting into her with one movement, making them both cry out. He didn�t move for a minutes and just savoured the feeling of being inside of her, but when he felt her buck her hips urgently against his, he began to move slowly, building the tension for both of them.
 
Quickly, he took her earlobe between his lips and nibbled slightly, causing her to gasp and tangle one hand in the curls at the back neck, holding on for what felt to her like dear life.
 
Feeling himself drawing close, Gil let his hand find her clit again, massaging it until he could feel her muscles begin to contract around him, he watched fascinated as he pushed her over the edge, crying out his name as she did so. God, he never got tired of seeing her like this.
 
The though didn�t last long however as after a few more thrusts he followed her into the abyss.
 
They lay together afterwards, his face buried in the crook of her neck, panting softly against her skin as she ran her hands up his arms. Bringing his head up he kissed her softly before rolling to his side bringing her with him, leaving them in the same position as they had been earlier.
 
Smiling slightly, Catherine let her eyes drift shut and sighed. There were many things she could say about her relationship with Gil Grissom, but when they were laying like this the old clich� was right, all they really did need was each other.
 
End