The Letter
By Clara

Disclaimer: Cath and Griss don�t belong to me.
Summary: Catherine shares some news.
Rating: G
Category: Cath/Griss friendship, Past
Archive: Working Love, my site, the Graveyard and Shipperworld.

Author�s notes: Inspired by Allison�s recent achievement! Thanks to LauraJo for the beta, as well as Jadie and Jahncie for the information.
Dedication: To Allison. Congrats babe!

***

A grin spread across Catherine�s face as she read though the letter from the University of Las Vegas, telling her that her application had been approved and she had been accepted into the medical technology program.

Now that she�d started taking the steps to getting herself a degree and a new job away from the Las Vegas strip clubs, she couldn�t help the flutter of excitement in her stomach.

Still smiling, she put down the letter and picked up the phone, knowing there was only one person who she wanted to share the information with. Glancing at her watch, she hoped she wouldn�t be waking him up and impatiently waited for him to answer.

�Grissom.�

Catherine rolled her eyes at his phone technique and resolved to try and do something about it at a later date.

�Hey, it�s me. You free for breakfast?� She absentmindedly started tapping her nail against the handset as she waiting for his reply.

�Uhh sure, meet you outside Barneys in half an hour?�

�Ok, see you later.�

It was only when they both hung up without saying goodbye that Catherine realised her phone manners were probably just as bad as his. Shrugging, she headed for her bedroom to change.
***

Thirty-five minutes later they were both seated inside the small diner looking over the menu, trying to decide what to eat to go with the two steaming cups of coffee already resting on the table between them.

After they had ordered Gil rested his hands on the table and looked at her. "So, I'm assuming you had a reason for calling me?"

Catherine simply grinned, fished out the letter from her purse and handed it to him, taking a sip of her coffee while he read it through.

If it was possible, her grin grew wider as he put the letter down and smiled at her. �I�m proud of you Catherine, you deserve this.� He reached across the table and took her hand, squeezing it slightly before letting it go when the waitress appeared with their food. �So what are you doing for the rest of the day?�

Catherine took a bite out of her pancakes before replying. �No plans. Why?�

Gil smiled at her again, �Let�s go ride the roller coasters.�