Theirs
By Clara

Summary: Keeping secrets.
Rating: G
Category: CGR
Authors note/Dedication: This all serves as a congratulations to Juliet on her engagement to Gabe. Congratulations hun *hugs* I'm gonna want details 5 times over before the night is out!

***

It really was amazing how many times she'd nearly slipped up this week. Sara had come in to the break room while she was reading bridal magazines and she was pretty sure the frantic standing up and sitting back down again on top of the magazine hadn't gone un noticed.

Then there was the time they had been stood in his office and Gil had continued with his preoccupation of staring at her hand, a smug look always settling over his face at the knowledge she would soon be his. She'd smacked him lightly on the chest when he'd made some crack about calling her Mrs Grissom in future, just as Warrick walked in.

She was 99% sure being engaged wasn't meant to be this stressful... or maybe it was, but at least not until the wedding preparations started. Flopping down on the sofa, Catherine's head hit the back of it and she sighed in sheer bliss. At least in the comfort of his, soon to he their, home she didn't have to pretend. Keeping their engagement to themselves was starting to seem like more hassle than it was worth and she couldn't quite remember why they were doing it in the first place.

"Hey.. I didn't hear you get home." She opened her eyes to see Gil stood in front of her and grinned. Then there were these moments. When he smiled at her, or took her hand, making her feel so special and suddenly having something that was just theirs for awhile seemed so wonderful and completely worth it.

Standing, she crossed the room and kissed her soon to be husband. There would be plenty of time for everyone else to share in their joy, for now.. it was theirs.