Something To Talk About
By Clara
 
Summary: It�s the little things that make it work.
Disclaimer: They�re not mine.
Rating: G
Set: Any season.

Spoilers: None
Category: C/G established relationship
Archive: Working love archive and my site pink-martini.net anywhere else, please ask first :)
Authors note: Inspired by 2 songs, �Carolyn Dawn Johnson- Complicated� and �Bonnie Raitt-Something to talk about�. Thanks to Matti for beta-ing.
Dedication: To Amanda again, even though she�ll probably hate me for it ;)
***
Sometimes I can tell when he�s watching. The hairs on the back of my neck stand up and a shiver runs down my spin, then when I glance over my shoulder I can see him standing there, a slight smile on his lips which I eagerly return.
 
This thing between us finally became something more and I couldn�t be happier. He�s always been the one man in my life that I could trust entirely, even when I was married to Eddie, it was still Gil that I opened up to when there was a problem in my life that I needed help fixing.
 
He was there when Eddie left to, ready to help me move on to a better place in my life. He�s wonderful with Lindsey too, she adores him and in return he takes so much pleasure from spoiling my little girl.
 
Standing, I dust off my knees and nod to Sara that I�m finished evaluating the crime scene and walk over to where he�s stood waiting.
 
Oh we�re both well aware of the gossip we attract, they don�t know it, but on more than one occasion we�ve over heard them discussing our relationship and their theories on just which stage we are at. I imagine that one day we�ll enlighten them, but not yet, it�s nice to have something which is just between us, even if it�s not as big a secret as we like to imagine.
 
Driving back to the office we discuss the case and move on to what we�re going to do with our day off. Linsey is staying with friends so it�s just us and we�re planning to make the most of it.
 
He makes a joke and I laugh, shaking my head at his strange sense of humour. This is what was missing with Eddie. Being able to completely relax around someone, without getting high and knowing that you have someone there to watch your back, just as you�re happy to watch his� in more ways than one.
 
 Still laughing, we climb out of the car and head inside the building, while I drop off the evidence I gathered, at the lab, he runs to his office telling me to wait where I am.
 
Shifting my feet I smile as he comes back into view and steers me out of the building. Before I know it we�re back at his townhouse and we both collapse onto the couch, he leans over, his mouth capturing mine and I let me self get lost in to moment, I�m almost surprised when he pulls away and hands me a box.
 
A grin spreads across my face as I reach inside and pull out the sparkling object. My eyes fill with tears as I reach for him again, giving him my answer.
 
I guess we�ll be telling the team sooner than I thought.