No Need To Ask
by Clara

Disclaimer: They're not mine.
Rating: G
Category: C/G Fluff
Summary: Catherine and Gil spend new year in New York because the author wanted snow dammit!

Author's notes: I don't actually live in NY and all I know is from TV, so I'm sorry for any mistakes!
Dedication: To the GraveshiftCSI list. Thank you or welcoming me into the fandom and keeping me going through everything that's happened. I owe you all a lot! (that really wasn't meant to be so sappy!) *hugs to all*
***
Catherine wrapped her hands around the Starbucks cup in an effort to warm up.

She was used to cold nights, Las Vegas wasn't exactly immune to them. But what she hadn't expected was just how much colder the snow made everything. Even Gil's arms wrapped around her waist, essentially anchoring her to him weren't doing much to warm her up.

"This is certainly somewhere I never thought I'd see in the new year from." she turned her head to look at him and smiled. "Thank you."

Gil smiled back and leaned down and kissed her quickly. "You're welcome...now keep watching or you're going to miss the ball dropping."

"I don't think it's possible to miss it. All these people counting down would be a pretty big clue that it's time to look."

"And you accuse me of sapping the fun out of things."

"Gil..." she nudged his chest slightly with her shoulder before settling back against him again.

He rested his chin on top of her head and pulled her closer. The few days they'd spent together in New York had been just what they'd both needed. For the first time in months he'd felt able to just relax with Catherine and not worry about what was happening back at the lab, or anywhere else for that matter.

Around them the count down began and they glanced at each other before joining in.

The ball dropped and the screen began to flash 2024 as Catherine whirled back round to face him and wrapped her arms around his neck, dropping her empty cup to the ground in the process. "Well?" She smiled at him and tipped her head to the side as he grinned back at her.

"No need to ask..." His lips met hers before she had a chance to reply and she forgot what she was going to say anyway.