Written by Clara

Summary: The journey
Disclaimer: They�re not mine
Category: Warrick/Sara, angst
Authors notes: A drabble series for  weeks CSI100's Mark Wills topic.

| Love Can't | When You Think Of Me | The Perfect Conversation |

| Places I've Never Been | High, Low & In Between |


***
Love Can't

He watches as she stares down at her hands resting in her lap, face streaked with tears as she digests what the doctor is telling them. It isn�t until this moment that he realises just how much he... they had wanted this baby. 

Now he�s not entirely sure what to say to Sara. He�d always considered himself to be a strong person but he�s not entirely sure he�s strong enough to get them through this.

They nod as the doctor expresses his sympathy and shows them to the door, barely looking at each other.

He�s not sure they can survive this.

***
When You Think Of Me

His eyes fill with tears as he shuts the door behind him for the last time. This wasn�t the way he wanted things to end and he�s not just saying that to make himself feel better, he truly believes it.
 
He put in his transfer request the day before and Griss had granted it with sadness in his eyes, no doubt thinking about how Sara was going to take the news. But he�d been a coward and rather than face her he�d left a note on the kitchen counter and gone.
 
He loves her, but he can�t keep on fighting.


***
The Perfect Conversation


Sara ran her hand through her hair, glancing down at the note in her hand. She�d jumped in the car as soon as she saw it lying on the counter and had broken the speed limit in an effort to get there in time.
 
She knew it had been hard recently but she couldn�t lose him, not now.
 
Staring at the departures she tried not to let tears slide down her face as his flight was wiped from the board, signalling its take off.
 
He was gone and she was lost.
 
The perfect conversation always ends, before we say goodbye

***
Places I've Never Been

�Nice place.�

Warrick couldn�t help feeling apprehensive as he turned around and faced her. It probably hadn�t been a good idea to tell Nick where it was. �It�s a good place to live.�

�I didn�t think you were the type to leave at the first sign of trouble.� He shook his head and tried to dodge the pain in her eyes.

�Sara, we couldn�t fix it.�

�You didn�t even try� you just ran!�

�I wanted it to work.� 

�Then come home.� 

Warrick did want to try and make things work, he�d missed her. But he wasn�t entirely sure they could.

***
High, Low & In Between

Wrapping her arms around her knees Sara stared out at the Atlantic and waited for Warrick to say his goodbyes. They�d spent a couple of extra days in Miami so that they could some time alone without worrying about having to go to work.

She still had her doubts as to how things would turn out and she knew Warrick shared them but somehow she just knew that it was going to be okay.

"Ready?� 

She lifted her hand to shield her eyes from the sun and smiled, letting him pull her up. It was time to go home� Together.