Kryptonite
By Clara
 
Summary: Computer problems play hell with your disposition.
Disclaimer: They�re not mine.
Set: Pick a season, any season.
Rating: PG

Category: Slight humour and C/G flirting
Archive: Working Love and my site pink-martini.net. Anywhere else, please ask first.
Author�s notes: Inspired by a quote from Matti when I phoned to ask how many fics she�d be willing to beta for me! Not sure why I chose the title, it just seemed appropriate.
Dedication: Matti, for the above.
***
�Damn it!!�
 
A stray lab technician who was about to knock on the door changed his mind and headed back in the direction he came in, his speed almost turning into a run when he heard what sounded like a heavy book hit the door.
 
It was the hottest night of the year and Gil Grissom couldn�t understand why his computer had had to choose this particular night to start giving him hell.
 
Scrubbing a hand over his face, he stared at the blank screen in front of him, which a couple of seconds before had been filled with the team evaluations for that year.
 
Standing, he stalked out of the room, heading for the break room and caffeine, in the vague hope that some distance would give the computer time to think about what it had done and decide to behave.
 
Walking into the room he wasn�t surprised to see it empty expect for Catherine Willows, who, he couldn�t help but notice was stood between him and the coffee.
 
�So, wanna know how many people you�ve scared so far this evening?� She crossed her arms and looked at him, quirking her eyebrow. She was pretty sure she heard him growl as he walked closer, stopped only a slight distance away from her.
 
�Catherine��
 
She heard the warning and chose to ignore it. �I was practically run over by Andrew 5 minutes ago�� At his blank look she rolled her eyes before promoting his memory. �The new lab tec? He had some reports for you but got scared off by the, and I quote, �large thumping notices�.�
 
She looked at him in amusement before leaning closer. �So what�s up?�
 
He licked his suddenly dry lips and tried not to notice just how close they now were. �Computer problems.�
 
�And this is why you decided to scare half of your team?� Catherine tried not to giggle at the look on his face. �I don�t think some of them have heard you shout before.�
 
He gave her a look before stepping around her and reaching for the coffee, he took a quick sniff of the pot and was pleased to find that for once, it was fresh. Pouring a cup, he drank half in one gulp before turning back to face Catherine, the entertainment value of the situation starting to become obvious to him.
 
Grinning he sat down on one of the chairs, not surprised when she sat down opposite him. �They�re really scared of me?�
 
Nodding Catherine grinned back and slouched down in her seat and for the first time he took in her outfit. The usual trousers she wore replaced by a black skirt teamed with a sleeveless blouse.
 
Noticing his appraisal, she waited a moment before speaking again, �But hey, don�t get used to it, by tomorrow they�ll have forgotten to be scared and go back to making fun of you.�
 
�Gee thanks.�
 
Chuckling, she stood and headed towards the door. �Next time give computer maintenance a call before you start throwing things... �K?�
 
He nodded and watched, a slight smirk on his face as she left the room. May be computer problems and hot nights weren�t such a bad combination after all.