Just To See Her Smile
By Clara

Disclaimer: They�re not mine.
Summary: He knows these are the moments that keep him watching.
Rating: G
Archive: My site, anywhere else let me know first

Category: Sara/Greg Romance
Authors note: Not sure where this came from. Thanks to Sesa for beta-ing!
Dedication: For Sara (Debbie) who wanted this fic.
***
He watches her sometimes. When she doesn�t know he�s there, when she's in an unguarded moment.

Her shoulders are tense as she looks into the microscope and she sighs deeply, making it obvious that she didn�t get the result she was looking for.

She straightens and he watches her hand move to her neck searching to work out the knots there. In his fantasies he�d go over there and offer to help, but this is real, so he doesn�t. She�d only tell him no.

He watches her with the other CSIs and he wonders if she�ll ever give the same amount of honesty and friendship to him, he knows she doesn�t mean to distance herself from him, none of them do. But he�s not completely one of them and at times it shows.

She starts to turn around, so he lowers his head and moves from the doorway, grinning at her as if he�d just entered the room. They make small talk and he flirts while she grins and shakes her head at him.

They say good-bye and she leaves, tucking a piece of hair behind her ear as he watches her leave.

Shaking his head, he smiles and knows that these are the moments that keep him watching Sara.

He turns back to his work then and starts working though the orders that have been left for him and waits for her to return and smile at him again.