Hold ups
By Clara

Summary: Sara seemed very smug at the beginning of �Friends and Lovers� about Nick turned up late to work. Why?
Disclaimer: They�re not mine.
Archive: Anywhere, just let me know first.
Category: Ep addition, Nick/Sara

Rating: PG
Author�s notes: This came about after a phone call with Amanda. My first non-Grissom/Catherine fic and probably the last!
Dedication: Amanda for the inspiration, oh and Sara (Debbie) who wouldn�t leave the house without a copy of this fic last night! ;)

****


�Shit! Nick wake up! We�re gonna be late!�

His eyes snapped open and he bolted up in bed, glancing at the clock. Adding his string of curses to hers, he jumped up and hopped to the bathroom, pulling on his boxers as he went.

Sara was already in the shower so he settled for cleaning his teeth quickly before pulling the rest of his clothes on. Groaning as he realised he�d have to go home before heading into work, which would undoubtedly make him late.

Just as Nick finished tying his shoes, Sara came out of the bathroom wrapped in a towel and he had to resist the urge to just pull her back into bed with him and forget all about work for the day.

Shaking himself, he kissed her quickly before heading out of the door.
***
�Where�s Nick?�

Hearing Catherine say his name, Nick tore around the corner, catching up to Sara and Catherine. �Here I am!�

He couldn�t help but notice the smirk on Sara�s face as she turned to look at him. �Nice of you to join us.�

He grinned back at his lover and briefly considered what kind of revenge he could use on her, before turning back to Catherine as she began to discuss their case.

End