Written By Clara

Disclaimer: They�re not mine
Set: mid first series.
Summary: Her family.
Archive: My site, working love, ShipperWorld, Graveyard shift.
Category: CG established relationship

****
 

| Breakfast In Bed | Blue Stuff |


Breakfast In Bed
It's mothers day

Gil stood in the doorway watching in amusement as Lindsey loaded a train with food to talk her mother for breakfast.
 
She�d been doing well by herself and he�d only had to step in once to make sure that the eggs she wanted cooked were done properly, since he wasn�t overly convinced a 7 year old should be using the cooker, even if she was supervised.
 
Lindsey placed a flower on the tray and then turned to him. �Uncle Grissom? I�m done.�
 
He had to admit it was cute sight, Lindsey had managed not to spill too much while cooking, but that hadn�t stopped the odd accident which led to the coffee coloured stains on her pyjamas�. Actually, he could say with some certainty Catherine was never going to let him supervise breakfast again.
 
�That�s great Lins, want me to carry the tray in?�
 
She nodded enthusiastically and he stepped forward and picked the tray up, as Lindsey made a run for her mother�s bedroom. He followed slowly, wanting to make sure nothing fell off the tray.
 
�Mommy, mommy!!!!�
 
As he reached the bedroom, Gil grinned when he saw a rumpled Catherine rubbing her eyes and staring at her daughter. �Hey baby, what�s wrong?�
 
�I made you breakfast in bed!!� Lindsey�s voice filled with pride as she gestured to the tray in Gil�s hand.
 
�You did? Wow, thank you sweetheart.� Catherine moved forward and enveloped her daughter in a hug before sitting back across the headboard and letting Gil set the tray down in her lap.
 
She grinned up at him before motioning to both of them to sit on the bed while she ate.
 
�Do you like it Mommy?�
 
Catherine smiled at her daughter before replying. �Best mothers day ever!�
***

Blue Stuff
It's Catherine's birthday

Catherine couldn't help the grimace at the sounds coming from her kitchen.

Lindsey had decided that since it was Catherine's birthday she shouldn't have to cook, which left only Lindsey to make a simple, dinner.

Sighing, she wondered if it was too late to order take out, or order Gil away from the crime scene he�d been called to. Anything to keep Lindsey out of the kitchen.

�Here you go mommy!�

Catherine forced a grin as she stared down at the blue�stuff.

�Honey, what did you put in here?�

Lindsey beamed and sat down. �Food colouring! It makes it pretty.�