In The End
by Clara

Characters aren�t mine. This is Giles goodbye to Buffy, Slightly more uplifting than Spikes and Angels.
****
Giles sat down beside Buffy's grave and placed some flowers on the fresh mound of soil. This was the first time he�d come to the Grave since the Funeral and he had to fight hard to keep the tears from falling.
 

He�d never wanted to be a Watcher which was why he�s rebelled so much during his younger years but as soon as Buffy had walked into Sunnydale Highs Library 5 years before, frightened and scared from the death of her first watcher, he had know she would be one of the best Slayers the world had ever seen and he was proud to be the one to guide her.
 
Not that that he had been able to help her in the end though, he smiled bitterly and looked over at Joyce�s grave situated next to Buffys. Carefully he picked up the flowers he�d just put on Buffy's grave and separated them into two bunches, placing one on Joyce�s grave and the rest on Buffy�s.
 
He had been so proud of her during the past year. She�d always had the weight of the World on her shoulders and he�d has many sleepless nights worrying that first Joyce�s illness and then her death would break Buffy, but they didn�t and she�d become responsible for the most unique younger sister in the world and she�d kept her safe and he was proud that she had died saving Dawn, He doubted she would have wanted it any other way.
 
It would be a tough few months but he was confident that he and the rest of the Slayerettes would get through it, as would Dawn.
 
Placing a hand on Buffy�s grave stone he stood up again and made a silent promise to keep Dawn safe, It was the least he could do, to thank Buffy for coming into his life.