Silver Lights
By Clara
 
Summary: Relaxation is a good party.
Disclaimer: They�re not mine
Rating: PG
Category: B/A romance

Spoilers: Set in series 3 a few days after Amends
Archive: Just let me know where.
Author�s note: Not sure what inspired this, but never mind!
Dedication: For those on LJ who wanted Buffy fic� are you regretting it yet? ;)
***
 
The silver lights glittered and Buffy couldn�t help but smile at the beauty of it. When Faith had suggested a late Christmas party as a way of kicking back and relaxing she hadn�t been entirely convince. The whole fiasco with The First had only happened a few days before and she�d been concerned with looked after Angel since then.
 
But now, looking around at the tree and decorations, Buffy had to admit it had been a great idea.
 
Her eyes strayed across the room and she caught site of her friends, enjoying the day with each other. They all seemed so happy and it was infectious.
 
She hadn�t expected everyone to get on so well, things were still strained between Oz, Willow and Xander, while Cordelia hadn�t made it at all. But she didn�t think any of them had just assumed things would go back to normal, not after what had happened.
 
She continued to look around the room until her eyes lit up as she spotted Angel. He was doing incredibly well considering what had happened with The First and she was so glad that she�d gotten to spend Christmas day walking around Summerdale with him, nothing overly spectacular, but a Christmas she knew she�d remember for years never the less.
 
She smiled when his eyes met hers and she walked over to join him, his arm slipping around her waist, as he bent to kiss her. His lips were soft and she sighed in contentment.
 
�Merry Christmas Buffy.� He whispered in her ear and she fought hard to stop the shiver of longing from running through her, knowing that nothing would come of it.
 
Instead, she pulled back and kissed him again before echoing the sentiment and resting her head on his chest, letting him rock her in time to the music.
 
Her eyes flittered closed and only one thought went through her head before she stopped herself from thinking too much, she really did love the lights.