Burn
By Clara
 
Summary: “Conscience doth make cowards of us all.”
Rating: PG-13
Category: Sark/Lauren
Disclaimer: They’re not mine

Author’s Notes: Written for the meme on LJ which asked for people to choose a fandom, a pairing/character and one line, to be turned into a drabble or ficlet between 100-500 words. Also inspired by comments from Melissa George at the Alias con that Lauren is bored of Sark.
Requested By: Ninkasa. Who asked for Alias, Sark/Lauren with the line “Conscience doth make cowards of us all.”
***
 
“Conscience doth make cowards of us all.”
 
Lauren rolled her eyes and turned her back on Sark who lay lounging on the leather sofa behind her.
 
It had been a stupid mistake, one that he didn’t seem to be in any hurry to let her forget. She touched her hand lightly to the bruise forming on her forehead and winced.
 
All she’d had to do was get in and out of the bank as quickly as possible, preferably without being seen, but they hadn’t been the first to arrive and after Sark had knocked Michael over, she’d hesitated just that split second longer than she should have, just to make sure he was alright and what had she gotten? A bang on the head from Sydney fucking Bristow.
 
She wasn’t sure what was worse, that she’d needed Sark’s help to get rid of the CIA Agent or that it had been Sydney who’d hit her in the first place.
 
She heard Sark chuckle softly and grit her teeth. She was getting tired of having him around and right then he was grating on her last nerve.
 
If it hadn’t been in her best interest in the long run to keep him around, she might have arranged a little accident for him by now. However, both the Covenants plan and his…other skills, meant that for the time being, he was still useful.
 
Lauren glanced at him over her shoulder before turning on her heel and heading for the bathroom, pulling the black turtleneck over her head as she went. If he had any sense he’d follow and make it up to her.
 
She wasn’t surprised to feel his hands on her back, only seconds after she’d turned the shower on. She stayed still and let him undo her bra, as he kissed her neck before he pulled the garment away from her.
 
Lauren pulled away from him and turned around, backing away slowly as she pulled down the zip of her pants before stepping out of them and her panties, leaving her naked before him.
 
She stepped into the shower and watched him undress quickly in the rush to join her, she couldn’t help the smirk at his need to be close to her.
 
She turned her back and stepped fully under the spray as he pulled the door shut behind them before wrapping his arm around her waist, pulling her against his chest as his other hand travelled lower.
 
Lauren let out a gasp and her head dropped back against Sark’s shoulder. He was definitely worth keeping around, but that didn’t mean she wouldn’t burn him when he ceased to be.